woensdag 1 juni 2011

Must haves for the Mac

I am an Oracle developer with a great passion for the Mac.
As much as possible I use my MacBook Pro. Some tools like Oracle Forms/Reports and Workflow Builder just don't run under OSX. I use virtualbox with windows for these tools, but everything else I can do on my Mac and with great pleasure and satisfaction. 


I even don't use Toad anymore, but instead I use SQLDeveloper which runs nice and smoothly on my Mac. And did you know SQLDeveloper is a great svn-client also. Maybe not as good as Tortoise under Windows, but still good enough.


Some other tools which are superb on the Mac:


- Alfred as an alternative for spotlight
- TextWrangler for editing files
- DiffMerge for comparing files


And today I installed the Deep Sleep widget, which really "hibernates" my Mac. Which means the current state of my Mac is saved to disk, and this state will be restored when I start up. This is of course a bit slower than the normal Mac sleep mode, but the advantage is that it doesn't drain my battery when I'm not behind my Mac.









Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten